Software Documentation ¶
To get started, select your topic from the left hand side or use the search box.
This documentation is aimed at system administrators and/or MSP (Managed Service Provider) partners with a valid license.
The backup software consists of two components:
- Comet Server, a server-side application that manages user accounts and stores backup data; and
- Comet Backup, a client-side application that performs backup and restore operations on a user's device.
Comet Server is offered in two packages:
- Self-Hosted (formerly Comet Enterprise), in which you install Comet Server on your own hardware; and
- Comet-Hosted (formerly CometGo!), in which you access a managed instance of Comet Server running on Amazon AWS.
There are two release branches of Comet:
- Major releases every quarter, with patches and long-term support to ensure a stable experience for your customers; and
- Comet Voyager every one to two weeks, adding the latest features and application compatibility, that eventually becomes the next major release.
This documentation is available from two locations:
- Online at cometbackup.com, where it refers to the latest released version
- Offline in your Comet Server install directory in the
docs/subdirectory, or from the Help menu in the Comet Server Service Manager app, where it refers to your installed version
If you need any further support, please open a ticket from inside the My Account section of cometbackup.com.
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.